Publication related to the legislation
Animal Welfare Committee in the Government
- Animal Protection Commission
Article 35 of the Animal Welfare Protection Act:
(1) The Minister shall establish an Animal Protection Commission (hereinafter: the Commission).
(2) The membership of the Commission shall include representatives of:
1. the state administration body responsible for science and education,
2. the state administration body responsible for environmental protection issues,
3. the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine,
4. the Medical School,
5. the Faculty of Agriculture,
6. the Croatian Veterinary Chamber
7. the Croatian Chamber of Economy
8. the Croatian Chamber of Trades and Crafts
9. animal protection associations.
(3) The Commission shall:
1. issue opinions on proposals for legislation in the field of animal protection,
2. encourage the adoption or amendment of legislation in the field of animal protection,
3. have a duty to keep abreast of scientific and technical developments in the field of animal protection in the Republic of Croatia and the European Union and to make proposals for the improvement of animal protection in the Republic of Croatia,
4. prepare an annual report on its work and forward to the Minister, by the end of March of the current year, the report for the preceding year,
5. at the request of competent state administration bodies, provide opinions on matters relating to animal protection.
(4) The Commission shall adopt its rules of procedure.