- Art L214 and following of the Rural Code (Chapter on animal protection) in FR Amended in 2015 !
- CAROdog legal questionnaire
Publication related to the legislation
Ministry in the Government responsible of animal welfare issues
Function:: The ministry can propose legislation regarding animal welfare with the help of animal welfare organisations, professional animal operators and animal scientists.
The ministry is also financing scientifc research regarding animals.
Structural element in the Parliament on animal welfare issues
There is a working group on dog trade lead by MP Geneviève Perrin-Gaillard
Temporary working groups are established when necessary.
Animal Welfare Political Party
No animal welfare party as such, but the website "politiques et animaux" (by L214) makes a ranking of French political parties regarding the positive or negative actions they did toward animals http://www.politique-animaux.fr/
Study Animal Welfare Legislation
- Speciality cursus of the Master on Ethics and Society called "Animal: science, law and ethics", European Center for Teaching and Ethical research of the University of Strasbourg
- Universitary Diploma (DU) on Equine Law, French institute of Equine law and University of Limoges
- Universitary Diploma (DU) on Animal Law, Brive
- Masters in Animal and Human Ethology, Rennes